Welcome to eBooks Just Published
This site provides a convenient way of keeping up to date with the latest DRM-free eBook releases. There are 4 ways you can check for new releases.
- Bookmark this site and check back periodically.
- Sign up for our weekly email newsletter. Once a week you’ll be sent a list of new eBook releases.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed. You can subscribe to our main feed to receive all announcements or just the genres you’re interested in.
- Follow us on Twitter.
What sort of eBooks are announced on this site?
We announce both fiction and non-fiction of any genre or topic. They may be free or need to be purchased. The only criteria is the eBook cannot be protected using DRM. This means you’ll be able to view it on any device, print it any number of times, convert it to speech and make a backup copy. However you must still respect the author’s copyright at all times.
How often are new eBooks announced?
Honestly, at this early stage, we’re not sure. Our goal is to quickly reach at least one new eBook announcement a day. You can help ensure the success of this site by encouraging your favourite eBook authors to announce their eBooks on this site and telling your eBook-reading friends about this site.
How do I know if an eBook is any good?
We don’t reject eBooks based on literary merit. In fact we encourage aspiring and first time authors to announce their eBooks here. We do try and filter out obviously scammy eBooks (e.g. for just 5 easy payments of $49.95 we’ll show you how to earn over $1M a year while working just 2 hours a week).
The quickest way to determine the relative merits of an eBook is to check out the star rating as voted by other readers. You can also check the comments for more specific feedback.
How do I rate or review an eBook?
Once you’ve read an eBook, please return and give it a rating. You can also use the comments facility to leave a review. If you publish a review on your own blog, please add a comment with a link to your review (unless it’s already been picked up as a ping back).
How do I sign up for the weekly email newsletter?
You have two options.
- Find the Weekly Email Newsletter section in the sidebar and enter your email address into the field provided. Click on the send button and you’ll be sent a confirmation email. Click on the link in the email and you’re done. You can unsubscribe in the same manner. Enter your email address, click on the unsubscribe option and then click the send button.
- Find the Members section in the sidebar and Register with this site. You’ll be asked if you want to subscribe to the newsletter during the registration process. Once registered you can change this at any time by logging into the site, clicking on your Profile (top right) and then Your Subscriptions. You can then choose whether you want to Receive a weekly summary of new posts. Just make sure you’ve entered a valid email address in your profile.
What’s RSS and how do I use it?
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could be notified every time a new annoucement appeared on eBooks Just Published? This is what RSS is designed to do. By subscribing to one or more of the RSS feeds on this site, you’ll be notified every time a new announcement is posted. All you need is one of the many free RSS Readers.
This site provides a number of different feeds you can subscribe to. The main feed, All New Releases will notify you whenever there is a new announcement, no matter which genre it appears in. Subscribing to this feed is the quickest and means you will never miss an announcement. There is also a Comments / Reviews feed which will notify you whenever someone leaves a comment or review on a book.
If you’re only interested in certain genres, for example Science Fiction, then you may only want to subscribe to the feed for that genre. That way you’ll only be notified when new Science Fiction books are announced. To subscribe to a specific genre, click on the icon next to the desired genre in the sidebar. You can subscribe to multiple genres by subscribing to each in turn. You can also subscribe to all Fiction, Non-fiction, or Free announcements.
When you click on an icon you will be taken to a page that makes it easy to subscribe using your favourite RSS reader. Simply click on your reader icon or choose from the drop down list.
If your reader is not on the list (e.g. SharpReader), simply copy the address (URL) at the top of the page, paste it into the addess bar in your reader and click subscribe.
If you use your browser’s built in RSS reader, simply click on your browser’s icon.